Saturday, September 29, 2012

Week 13 Weigh In


Prevent Yo-Yo Dieting by o5com, on Flickr

Previous Week's Weight =168.2 lbs
Today's Weight = 166 lbs
Lost This Week= 2.2 lbs
Total Lost = 14 lbs

Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic License
by  o5com 


Woohoo! I'm down 2.2 lbs. I'm super happy with that, and honestly, a bit surprised. I usually stick to 2,000 calories per day, but I didn't track my calories this week. I tried to make healthy choices and eat intuitively. And, apparently I did better with it than I though (or I just got lucky this week). It's funny how some weeks when I think I've done terribly I lose a lot of weight. But, other weeks when I working super hard and doing everything right the scale doesn't budge. That's life I guess.

Exercise was great last week. Here's what I did.

  • Saturday: Swim- 2 miles
  • Sunday: Swim- 2 miles
  • Monday: Kickball
  • Tuesday: Tennis
  • Wednesday: Ballet Class
  • Thursday: Swim- 1 miles, lift weights
  • Friday: Rest
I'm beginning to think it might be a good idea to schedule my exercise the week before, so that I make sure I get everything in. My ballet classes, tennis matches, and kickball games are usually scheduled in advance. And, I like being able to throw in a swim or lift weights whenever I feel like it. But, I haven't been doing a great job getting them in regularly. I usually have a tentative mental exercise plan, but it may be time to write it down (once it's written down it's harder to cheat). I'm thinking I need a giant whiteboard with a weekly exercise schedule.


Last week's goals: I achieved 1/3- I need to work a bit harder this week.
  • Lift weights at least twice- I only went once again this week. I really need to work harder to make this happen at least 2X per week consistently.
  • Continue logging my daily food intake- This week was crazy. Many unplanned things came up which made it impossible for me to plan my meals in advance which is what I usually do to hit my calorie target. So, I ended up only tracking my calories one day this week. But, I tried to make healthy choices, and practice intuitive eating. I was expecting this to show on the scale this week, but instead I lost 2.2 lbs. Awesome! I'm going to go back to logging calories this week, but it gives me hope that I will eventually be able to maintain without counting calories.
  • Swim at least two times- I did great with swimming this week. I went for 3 swims this week (2- 2 mile swims, and 1 1-mile swim). I feel really good about this one.

This week's goals:
  • Lift weights at least twice
  • Log my daily food intake

What are your goals this week? Do you plan your exercise for the week in advance? What do you use to plan your exercise schedule (i.e. a whiteboard, calendar, in your head, an app, nothing)?

5 comments:

  1. Awesome job! It's pretty cool to see you can eat intuitively and really succeed. Have a good rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goal is to make weigh-in on Wednesday. So far it remains doubtful:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job!! It's funny how our bodies play tricks on us. It also happens to me, when I work super hard and I lose 1 lb and then I cheat all weekend and I lose 3 lbs... But keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some really useful slides here. I've been looking for something like this to help with a research piece I've been working on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. https://palanju8800.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete