Sunday, October 28, 2012

Week 17 Weigh In: Falling off the wagon

Old Wagon by WKeown, on Flickr
Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.0 Generic License  by  WKeown 


Previous Weight =166 lbs
Today's Weight = 171.8 lbs
Weight Gained = 5.8 lbs
Total Lost = 8.2 lbs


Wow! I definitely fell off the wagon. I gained 5.8 lbs in the last 3 weeks. I thought I had it all figured out, I was losing weight at a steady rate, eating mostly healthy, and exercising. For the past 3 weeks I've been traveling quite a bit for work and for some family stuff, and when I wasn't following my normal routine I did terribly. I still got a reasonable amount of exercise (although less than normal), but I found myself eating too much junk food and huge portions. It definitely showed on the scale.

What I learned: keeping my normal routine is essential for me to stay on track right now. Now that my life has calmed down a bit, I'm back to it. I obviously have to work on strategies to stay on track when I'm not at home. But, I'm back at it now. I'm recommitting to eating healthy, and I just joined a weight training class to keep me on track with my lifting. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for major weight loss next week.

This week's goals:
  • Track my food and exercise daily
  • Don't exceed 2,000 calories per day
  • Exercise at least 4 days

What are your goals this week? Do you have strategies to stay on track when you're traveling or super busy?

10 comments:

  1. I have my fingers crossed for you! I know you'll be able to get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good goals, my big goal this week is to try and avoid eating any of the Halloween clearance candy that I know is coming to try and trick me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Do you have strategies to stay on track when you're traveling or super busy?" Yes, but they rarely work out as planned:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last few weeks were rocky for me as well. I didn't hardly track for three weeks, and while my weight stayed the same (until weigh day, then suddenly it was up 3 pounds?!?), it didn't go down. I'm really trying to get back on the wagon this week and show an actual loss come next Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll get back on track, especially with your goals :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Krissy, just wanted to let you know I nominated you for the Liebster Award. Here is the link

    http://700poundsisasbadasitsounds.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-awardnomination.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you going to continue to Blog? Let me know please.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Krissy!
    Just wondering how your doing? Hope everything is Ok. Stop by my blog and give me an update one of these days. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you once again for your love and willingness to share your feelings..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you succeeded in losing the amount of weight you wanted.

    ReplyDelete